If you use social media to market your business, then you no doubt understand how quickly things can change on that front. It can sometimes be hard to keep up with all those changes, especially when you don’t know how they might impact your business. When it comes to using Facebook, you simply cannot afford not to stay in the know. That’s because Facebook is a very powerful marketing medium, and if you aren’t taking full advantage of all Facebook has to offer your business, you can bet your competition is. Facebook’s newest wave of changes comes in its new Timeline format. What does that mean for you?
Here are five new Facebook changes that will impact your business:
- The cover. Now, instead of just a small snapshot, Facebook provides for you a huge “cover” photo section, in the form of a horizontal banner that sits atop your Timeline and stretches from one side of the screen to another. This cover image is the first thing your page visitors will notice, and is a powerful marketing tool where you can highlight your company’s logo, team members, or any other image that relays your business’ message.
- Engagement. Before, customers were unable to directly message you from your fan page. However, that has changed with Timeline. This allows for increased customer engagement, which in turn means happy, loyal customers.
- Placement. Your photos, apps, likes, and more now appear banner-style at the top of the page, right under your cover. Not only is this more visually appealing, but it also allows you to move these features around so that you are drawing attention to the things most important to you.
- The highlight feature. Want to make a major business announcement or draw special attention to a new product, service, or deal? The highlight feature allows you to stretch your important posts across the entire Timeline, making it a standout among your other, less important posts.
- Admin panel. Timeline’s new administrative panel is super-easy to use and has a lot of new features that enable you to customize your Timeline to your unique needs.
The new Timeline format went into full effect on March 30, 2012. That means every Facebook user will be forced onto the Timeline bandwagon, whether they like it or not. We at Westwood Virtual Associates can help take your Internet presence to the next level. Contact us by phone, at 513-317-3049, or email: Joanne@WestwoodVA.com.